80sCartoons.net Forum Index

ROBOTECH - not Transformers but features transforming mechs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaesonk
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: ROBOTECH - not Transformers but features transforming mechs Reply with quote

1985 gave us one of the best transforming mech series of all time, Robotech. I think even one official Transformers toy line just used a repackaged Robotech (Macross) transforming Valkyrie for one of their releases. There was also a model kit that used a Robotech (Mospeada) Cyclone but re-labelled it as GOBOT's Cy-Kill.

Since Robotech's introduction, fans have often wondered about the SDF2 mentioned at the end of the first generation (the Macross saga). The SDF2 was introduced in the Robotech dialog to help tie the first & second generations together. Since it was not part of the original Macross animation that was used for Robotech. We never actually see the SDF2, until now.

Here's my fan version of episode 36 that tackles that 25 year old SDF2 mystery, featuring new scenes incorporating the SDF2 & SDF1, a few re-edits to better match the dialog, and some new sound fx tracks.

http://www.vimeo.com/17955050

BTW, the audio levels drop a bit towards the end. I'm not sure why, maybe something happened in the online conversion process.

Enjoy!

Jaeson K.

PS - Trivia for Macross fans. A Macross2 ship (SDF2) for Misa (Lisa) to command was planned for by the original producers but it didn't make it into the final version of the series.

bogz
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was really heartbreaking when Roy Folcker died. he was my favorite character and he is the original pilot of macross.

Waverobot
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave birth to a whole metaseries, the latest being Macross Frontier. Pretty cool stuff, actually, though it comparatively pales to Gundam.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Transformers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: