80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The Muppet Show Season 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: The Muppet Show Season 4 Reply with quote

Looks to be a confirmed release sometime in 2010 (yay!)
I believe Gonzo has also been confirmed for the cover (yay!)

I'm hoping it will be just his nose on the cover. *thinks it would be funny*
Not sure who will make the season 5 cover. But I'm hoping for Statler and Waldorf or Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

....season 4 also has the Star Wars ep Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I not see this thread until now?!!?
I LOVE the Muppets- so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Season 4 of The Muppet Show on DVD this year!
It will be great having Gonzo on the cover. I'm not sure who they'll go with for Season 5, but I would like to see Rowlf used myself. Of course, I have a feeling it might be Animal just because he's such a popular character and it would be good to have a representative of The Electric Mayhem band too.
Anyway, I'm also hoping Disney includes some good extras with this. I really want to see some more of the Muppet specials get released on DVD- it'd be great to have the behind-the-scenes special "Of Muppets and Men" included. I'd also really like to see "The Muppets Go to the Movies" special included for a 5th. Season set- as this special just feels so much like an episode of The Muppet Show it really needs to be on there. And I would hope Disney would release "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" special soon enough- that one's a no-brainer.
But yeah- Yay for the Muppets! Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
megan8788
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have not seen this show earlier. I have even heard of it for the first time.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. Two days left until 2011. Me thinks it will not come out this year.

Unamused.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, from what I understand it's been pushed back a bit- probably to coincide with the release of the new Muppet movie!

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're still waiting....

I wrote Disney and they responded it's not on any schedule to be released.

I don't understand their logic in this. SO many fans want the last two seasons to complete their collection, and money can't be an issue for the company worth BILLIONS.

So frustrating. Sad

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big time Muppets fan and yes, it's very frustrating. I still hope to see The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 on DVD soon though........
(Of course, I'm also waiting on Disney to finish releasing DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Adventures of the Gummi Bears to DVD too.........)

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if Disney went the route of Warner Archive and offered made on demand discs. Seems like it would be a good fit with the way they cater to collectors with other product lines. Do they think it beneath them to set their sights low, "If we can't sell a million copies, we won't sell any" kind of thing?

I wonder what they are thinking... Confused

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
I'm a big time Muppets fan and yes, it's very frustrating. I still hope to see The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 on DVD soon though........
(Of course, I'm also waiting on Disney to finish releasing DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Adventures of the Gummi Bears to DVD too.........)

Not to mention all those shows they kept making one after another during the last decade or so, and they've decided not to release.

MQuack wrote:

I don't understand their logic in this. SO many fans want the last two seasons to complete their collection, and money can't be an issue for the company worth BILLIONS.

So frustrating. Sad

But they are not stupid. If they somehow get the feeling that only collectors are going after a release, they wont do it. They are aiming for a most vast public.

Keeping your company running for so long, makes you a bit of a D---. I reckon Laughing

Mayor West wrote:
It would be great if Disney went the route of Warner Archive and offered made on demand discs.

Now, THATīs a good idea.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since these aren't 1980s cartoons, I haven't worried about posting anything about them, but since we're talking about Disney's DVD release tendencies, I thought it might be worthwhile to point this out. While many of Disney's classic cartoons have unfortunately only received partial releases on DVD at this point (in regards to the series being completely released), I have noticed some encouraging things recently.
For one, though Talespin long lay dormant in DVD releases (with Volume 1 being released in 2006 and Volume 2 released in 2007), it finally got a Volume 3 release last year to complete the series on DVD! However, it was only released as a Disney Movie Club exclusive- so you have to join the DMC (not to be confused with the Delorean Motor Company Wink ) in order to get this DVD release. (Or just buy it from sellers on Amazon.com of course.) But the prices for that are like $35- and it's only 11 episodes on the DVD set!
But if you can hold out a bit longer, you can get this Volume 3 DVD release in stores everywhere for right at $10- a much more reasonable price. It's listed for release on January 13, 2015 on Amazon.com
For Gargoyles fans, this was pretty much the same situation for Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD for a while, until last year. And that Disney exclusive DVD set is about the same price as the Talespin exclusive set. But now there is a $10 "wide release" scheduled for January 13, 2015 as well.
So it's encouraging that Disney is in fact completing some cartoon series on DVD and giving some of their DMC exclusive releases general retail releases too. Also scheduled for next year is a general retail DVD release of "Have Yourself a Goofy Little Christmas"- a Christmas special from the "Goof Troop" series. That's due out January 27, 2015. (And again, this was originally a DMC exclusive release.)
Also, DMC recently released two volumes worth of Goof Troop episodes on DVD- just last year in fact. 54 episodes have been released with 24 more to go- hopefully a Volume 3 will soon follow to finish this series on DVD.

Last edited by MacGyver on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely some promising news. Being a member of the DMC, I need to take more pro-action into purchasing the shows I need to complete. Definitely want to pick up the Talespin releases as well.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at least this means Disney is doing something with its cartoon series and that slowly things are coming to the general market. I'm hoping that will mean not only getting the rest of their cartoon series to DVD that already have a Season or Volume DVD release (the remaining episodes of Adventures of the Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck), but also other series that have not even received any DVD season or volume releases yet (The Wuzzles, Fluppy Dogs pilot, Bonkers, The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show, Mighty Ducks, Quack Pack, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians, Hercules, Lilo & Stitch, Pepper Ann, The Weekenders, Lloyd in Space, Recess, Disney's episodes of Doug, etc. and probably others I forgot).

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, I'd love to see The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 released tomorrow, alongside "Muppets Most Wanted"..... Season 4 does have the Star Wars episode. Maybe with all the push Disney is doing right now for Star Wars, they can get at least Season 4 out on DVD for that reason.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Since these aren't 1980s cartoons, I haven't worried about posting anything about them, but since we're talking about Disney's DVD release tendencies, I thought it might be worthwhile to point this out. While many of Disney's classic cartoons have unfortunately only received partial releases on DVD at this point (in regards to the series being completely released), I have noticed some encouraging things recently.
For one, though Talespin long lay dormant in DVD releases (with Volume 1 being released in 2006 and Volume 2 released in 2007), it finally got a Volume 3 release last year to complete the series on DVD! However, it was only released as a Disney Movie Club exclusive- so you have to join the DMC (not to be confused with the Delorean Motor Company Wink ) in order to get this DVD release. (Or just buy it from sellers on Amazon.com of course.) But the prices for that are like $35- and it's only 11 episodes on the DVD set!
But if you can hold out a bit longer, you can get this Volume 3 DVD release in stores everywhere for right at $10- a much more reasonable price. It's listed for release on January 13, 2015 on [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00MHT49Q8/80stooncentr ]Amazon.com[/url]
For Gargoyles fans, this was pretty much the same situation for Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD for a while, until last year. And that Disney exclusive DVD set is about the same price as the Talespin exclusive set. But now there is a $10 "wide release" scheduled for January 13, 2015 as well.
So it's encouraging that Disney is in fact completing some cartoon series on DVD and giving some of their DMC exclusive releases general retail releases too. Also scheduled for next year is a general retail DVD release of "Have Yourself a Goofy Little Christmas"- a Christmas special from the "Goof Troop" series. That's due out January 27, 2015. (And again, this was originally a DMC exclusive release.)
Also, DMC recently released two volumes worth of Goof Troop episodes on DVD- just last year in fact. 54 episodes have been released with 24 more to go- hopefully a Volume 3 will soon follow to finish this series on DVD.

It would be nice if I could just stop thanking you already for that epic info you keep on posting. But you are not making it any easier Wink

BTW: I didn't realize that this thread was under the "80īs Cartoons and Movies" category, I thought it was in offtopic :/

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be nice if I could just stop thanking you already for that epic info you keep on posting. But you are not making it any easier

lol- you're welcome. I'm glad it's helpful for you. Very Happy Cool
By the way, I saw that the "Goof Troop" volume DVD sets from DMC (or least Volume 2) is getting a wide release to the general market as well. So that's another good sign. Maybe Disney is finally listening to its fans who have been asking for these DVDs to get released...now let's get some of these other shows out on DVD!
And yes, this thread is in the '80s Cartoons and Movies section because it's primarily about The Muppet Show and release of Season 4 on DVD- we kinda drifted from that to a discussion about Disney and its DVD release habits- but that's okay- it's all related to the issue at hand.
If I hear any news regarding The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 coming to DVD, I'll definitely post it here! I'm a big fan of The Muppets and I'm definitely looking forward anxiously to that too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: