80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Really need help with this cartoon before I go crazy!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatherineD1230
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Really need help with this cartoon before I go crazy! Reply with quote

I vaguely remember watching a cartoon when I was growing up. It may or may not have featured the song "Age of Aquarius" on it. It had these characters that had long robes with tall pointed hats. It was mainly blues in the color scheme, with some reds. The children/young people did not wear these robes and hats though, at least not the main character. They also had these hovercrafts or something that they rode, but obviously above the surface as they had no wheels. The main character was a boy, but I don't remember names, he may have been a prince or the son of leaders/very important people. They were humans. I remember once in a tv guide in the late 90's that someone had asked the question about this cartoon. I know it exists. I was born in 82, but I can't guarantee when the cartoon was made. I did some googling but came up with nothing. It felt like it was a little futuristic, but almost like the characters were rogue or underground. It seems like it was set mainly in caves and near water. I can't remember much about this cartoon but it's driving me nuts that I can't remember it. Please help if you can!!!

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea (1985) (originally released as Les Mondes Engloutis in France)?

Watch on YouTube

Wikipedia entry

Actually, I'm almost certain this is the cartoon you're looking for.

Watch the intro to episode 2, where the intro theme music is vaguely reminiscent of "Age of Aquarius"

KatherineD1230
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this show, but I don't think this is it. It's missing the human leaders in long blue robes and tall pointed hats (they did not have blue faces)

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatherineD1230 wrote:
I remember this show, but I don't think this is it. It's missing the human leaders in long blue robes and tall pointed hats (they did not have blue faces)

Might be in another episode. The show visits a lot of different places, but the motif of long flowing toga-like fashions holds true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: