80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Need help finding a cartoon from an old memory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demroth13
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Need help finding a cartoon from an old memory Reply with quote

I only saw the show a couple times when I was young but I had one of the toys and I've been trying to remember what it was called for years.
It had robots and the toy I had was round at the top and had a rubber base that was gray and horizontally ridged and hollow with the bottom open. The arms extended on the toy.
If anybody remembers it would be greatly appreciated.

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying "it had robots" when referencing cartoons from the 1980s is like saying "the sky was blue that day". Laughing It's not particularly helpful.

Your description of the toy isn't much to go on. The only thing you've really provided is the fact that the show had toys made for it and/or the show was made because of the toys. But considering just how many shows from that period were merchandised, that also isn't of much help.

I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that the toy wasn't a Transformer, as that franchise has been pretty high profile the last few years and you probably wouldn't be asking the question. However, that still leaves tons and tons of candidates.

- What was the approximate year you saw the cartoon in?

- What country did you see it in, and what language was the show broadcast in / was it subtitled?

- What style of animation was the show? Japanese or Western?

- Did the robots do any strange transformations / did the toy itself do anything other than extend the arms?

- Do you recall why the base was rubber with a hole? That sounds unusual, and probably important. Also, what was the overall shape of the robot toy? Humanoid, like a Transformer with two arms / two legs / torso / head? Tank tracks for legs? Some sort of hovercraft? Something else? Also, what color(s) was the rest of the toy?

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like an earler
discussion about

Robo Force

click for earlier post
Robo Force

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: