80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Fantasy book+game for children? (Found it!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReComposed
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Fantasy book+game for children? (Found it!) Reply with quote

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. I wasn't sure whether I should ask this question in the Lost and Found, because what I'm looking for is not a cartoon. When I was young- either in the eighties or early nineties- I used to read a series of computer-related fantasy books that each contained the poem,

Riders of the Light
From the Land of the Night
Pass through the Glass of Lightning's Window

Each book also came with a kid-friendly BASIC program that let readers create a video game based on the book they'd just read. I had thought all these years the name of the series was, like the first line of the poem, "Riders of the Light." But recently I decided to look it up... and it's like it never existed. I can't find anything, not even authors who worked on it or other people who used to read it.

Has anyone else heard of this series? Do I have the title wrong? Did I dream the whole thing? Laughing

Requiem's alternate ending!

Last edited by ReComposed on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReComposed
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: This is indeed it!

http://www.gamebooks.org/show_series.php?id=37

It's called Arcade Explorers, and the copy I ordered just arrived today! A quick flip-through revealed the poem I remembered, and something else: the picture of the eyeball-headed bird, Vidi, that first attracted me to the series. Cool! Very Happy

Requiem's alternate ending!
NataschaClark
Radical

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting discussion! I think similar information is available in one the sites :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Video Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: