80sCartoons.net Forum Index

help, going insane

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeus30
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: help, going insane Reply with quote

I'm looking for this cartoon I watched many times while growing up. I think its a short film or longer but... I remember vaguley that it delt with dreams/nightmares. A kid or someone is in an office, and scissors, staplers, lamps etc. Come to life and chase him around. The animation in the office was like monty python style, real black and white photos, but animated. Later in the film, the kid(?) goes to the "nightmare world" where the bad dreams are made. I remember there being this t.v. With arms and legs (gorilla like) walking around in some industrial wasteland-type situation. Anyone? Did I dream this myself?

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarification, about when did you see this and in what country (USA, Canada, UK, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa, etc.)

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" A kid or someone is in an office, and scissors, staplers, lamps etc. Come to life and chase him around."

Ralph and Mum experience
the terror of a nightmare bomb
Watch scene
at 5:40/10:38

Sounds like
Twice Upon A Time

Ralph the All-Purpose animal, (who looked like a vague type of winged four legged, bear/dog until he transformed into something more specific) and his mute friend Mumford the No Purpose Nothing lived in the magical land of Frivoli,the land of sweet dreams. The two were completely inept at nearly everything, so they were assigned garbage duty.

Synonamous Botch, (probably one of the best characters in this movie). was an evil nightmare maker. He set up his nightmare making business ,The Murkworks, much like a movie studio. His home was an appropriately evil castle, where he worked on his big plan to release his nightmare bombs.

Botch wanted his nightmares to last forever. Part of his plan involved stopping time and placing his nightmare bombs everywhere. Then when all the bombs were in place, he could start time again and detonate them all simultaneously. If he was to stop time he needed to stop the Cosmic Clock, located in the land of Din(Earth-our wakng world). Botch conned Ralph and Mum into going to the land of Din for him by telling them he simply wanted to give poor overworked mankind more time in the day. The gullible duo went to retrieve the clock's mainspring, but instead they mananged to break the clock and loose the spring. Without it, time stopped and everything on Earth remained still.
A very frustrated no-nonsense fairy godmother finally appeared and told them about Botch's true plan. It was up to Ralph, and Mum to get the spring back, and stop Botch.

The movie was done in a combination of B&W and color. The scenes in the world of dreams that Ralph, Mumford, and Botch lived in were done in a cartoon color.When they entered what they called the Land of Din, the backgrounds were black and white photo stills.

-More Info-

-Watch-
Twice Upon a Time

---------------------

zeus30
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STRAYDOG, YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT! THANK YOU!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: