80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Help! Did I imagine this cartoon or is it real?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Help! Did I imagine this cartoon or is it real? Reply with quote

Okay, so I have looked everywhere for this cartoon on the web and it's either soooo... obscure/random that it's not in any searches, or I just imagined the cartoon existed when it really didn't.

That being said, does anyone out there remember a cartoon that I am pretty sure was on air in the mid to late 80's or maybe very early 90's about a bunch of characters (mostly animals I believe?) that lived in like the woods, forest, or jungle or something like that and they had these like tree houses I think? And they transported themselves around via wooden ladders to the trees or like a wooden train track or roller coaster or something like that? Maybe there was a snake in it? or even like a monkey or some character that was like lazy or something never wanted to work???

That's all I can remember of it for now, but it is driving me CRAZY!

Just to help those who are trying to locate the cartoon for me, it is NOT any of the following:

The Shirtales
Smurfs
The little bits
The gummy bears
The monchichis
or Tailspin

Help me find this cartoon please! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80's cartoon
animals on an island
snake villian

Maybe,.

Ovide and the Gang

--------------------------

sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your guess, but ugghhh! That's not it! I've already looked that one up, and the cartoon I'm trying to remember was set in something more like the woods, forest or jungle - and not really an island persay. and the animated characters were a little bit smaller in shape and size if I recall.

The MAIN thing I remember about the cartoon was this wooden track/roller coaster thing and /or the wooden ladders they climbed???

And it had to have been in the mid to late 80's early 90's at most because that's when I was between the ages of 5 yrs old to 10 yrs old which I around the time I would have watched it.

(I hope I didn't just make all this up! ha.ha.)

Thanks for the guess though! : )

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot in the dark, but could it have been Lucasfilm's The Ewoks

http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/ewoks.html

They lived in a forest and usually climbs ladders and ropes to get around.

Toytainment Blog
sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not Ewoks, but that's a really good guess!

And if I could have any sort of reference to what I remember about this particular cartoon it was that it was a setting very much like the Ewoks but the characters weren't ewoks but more jungle animals or forest animals or something like that? And I still think there was a wooden roller coaster thing in it. AHHH I'm loosing my mind. ; ) ha.ha.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may well not be it, but I ran across a 1984 TV-movie called The Phantom Treehouse. Is this perhaps it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470075/

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the guesses, but I still haven't found a match for the image of the cartoon I have in my head from when I was a child. Oh Well.

You know, it's very possible that I am remembering the details wrong or simply can't remember enough details to be able to pinpoint it.

That being said, I'm finding all of your guesses very interesting since they are SO close to what I'm describing, so EVEN IF it's not exactly the cartoon I remember .... if anyone can find a cartoon from around 80's/90's era that has the wooden roller coaster like track in the forest, Please let me know!

That would be really cool. ; ) Hope everyone is doing well!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only '80s cartoon with a wooden roller coaster that comes to mind for me is Dungeons and Dragons- I know there's one in the opening credits, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha.Ha. Yep! I know what you mean. And I can't for the life of me recall anything else about this cartoon image in my head except this specific image of these little village creatures climbing up and down wooden ladders and building a wooden roller coaster (as a means of their transportation) that broke down in the scene and they were trying to fix it and there was this one character/animal/creature that was lazy and didn't want to do anything.

Sounds like Ewoks, I know, but the image of the characters in my head is not of Ewoks. LOL! I would love to believe that the cartoon did exist, but you know at this point, I'm pretty convinced I have collected images of ALL the chartoons I used to watch and just put them together in my sub-conscience. You know, I always did have a very vivid imagination. ha.ha.

That being said, I have to say that I used to watch Dungeons and Dragons RELIGIOUSLY as a child with my older sister and brother!

What was so great about it, is that it provided entertainment for boys and girls. And I always felt like I was the one going on the roller coaster and then having all those fantasy, action andventures!!

D & D is one of the BEST cartoons ever!! : )

I love how this website and forum is totally bringing out the inner child in me again. LOL.

ReComposed
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really wild guess, but since it's not listed yet, is it Sylvanian Families? Unfortunately, I can't find any images for the cartoon (it was based on a toyline that is still popular), but I think there was a park in that show with a treehouse.

Requiem's alternate ending!
sierra9779
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvanian Families - OMG, I can't believe you found the cartoon I was thinking of !! I just watched an episode on you tube and it has everything I described from the memory in my mind!! It has :

1. lots of cute little forest creatures who built their homes in the forest and work together and climb tree ladders to get to a tree house.

2. There is even the alligator/reptile character (I knew it was either an alligator or snake or something like that!)

3. And the memory I have in my mind was of an episode about a character who didn't want to do chores/work and was lazy or something ... and that would TOTALLY make sense - seeing as EACH Slyvanian Episode is about some moral or lesson such as being honest, getting along with others, etc. etc.

4. And Slyvanian Families was made when I was a kid, around the mid to late 80's!

AHH I'm so happy that I didn't just make up a cartoon that didn't exist! lol.

Isn't crazy how much something like a cartoon you watched as a child can have a lasting impression as an adult?

THANK YOU to all who put forth the effort to help me remember.

I can rest now. : ) Hope all of you are well.

bye for now.

ReComposed
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*claps* Awesome! I'm so happy it was found! (Also, I totally second the D&D gushing. What a beautiful show that was!)

Requiem's alternate ending!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: