80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Two scenes burned into my mind!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim928
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Two scenes burned into my mind! Reply with quote

I'm good at recalling most of the cartoons that I watched as a kid but there are these two scenes that I can't recall where they were from but I remember them clearly. It has been driving me me nuts since I was kid because what ever it was I watched I recall really enjoying the movie/show they were a part of and I only saw it once. I believe the characters were cats and mice. There might have been dogs in there as well.

scene 1
There were to characters, which I think were mice, in a dump or an alley. In the dump/alley was a dog food can and on the label there was a dog with a chef hat holding the exact same dog food can with the same label. The one mouse tells other mouse to stare at label on the dog food can. The mouse stares into the label. Then from the mouse perspective the camera starts to zoom in on the label. It zooms in on the can that the chef dog is holding on the label, then zooms further in to that label, into another label, into another label and just keeps repeating. Then all of a sudden it stops and its pitch black. The one mouse asks the other mouse "What do you see?" The other mouse replies " I see two beady eyes." Then two little black eyes appear in the nothingness then a whole mouse appears in the nothingness. Then the other mouse says "Its a mouse!" Thats all I can remember.

scene 2
I think this was from the same movie/show, but its rather short.
I believe the characters were traveling for a long time. Then one of them spots a church. The kind with the two big steples in the front. From the characters point of view it resembles a giant cat. In the scene the church briefly fades into a giant cat which it resembles. Thats all I can remember for that scene.

I saw these images somewhere between 1986 and 1988. The animation looked kind of Don Bluth-ish. It could have been an older animation from the late 70s early 80s.

Does this cartoon exist or am I just crazy?

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like...

The Mouse and His Child

Watch
The Mouse and His Child
(YouTube.com)

More info
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon_synopsis/20533-The_Mouse_and_His_Child.html

-----------

jim928
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god thank you so much. You are amazing! I haven't seen this in over 20 years! I am not crazy and the quest is over. Thanks for the quick response. I can't thank you enough. This has brought a tear to my eye.

amy09
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just 2 minutes ago posted a new thread on this movie. Thank you so much for remembering it too! This movie has haunted me for over 20 years and I'm so excited to experience it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: